What Is Spiritual Health
Spiritual health can be defined as the art of experiencing peace in your inner and outer self. It helps you stay hopeful and stay afloat even during testing times of life.
Spiritual Health motivates you to find the real purpose of your existence and gives you a peaceful state of mind.
Factors Influencing Your Spiritual Health
The factors influencing Spiritual Health can be classified as religious, individualistic, and material world-oriented.
The religious influence on spiritual health happens as a result of a how a person connects with God. Love and reverence towards God, prayer, etc are the usual ways of connecting towards God.
Communication with God is a basic and important factor that can influence your spiritual health.
The individualistic influence arises from the human connection an individual has with himself. Self-realization, self-scrutiny, self-examination about life, moral virtues, peace, responsibility for oneself, transcendence, values, mysticism, culture, and knowledge are examples of relation with oneself. The individualistic influence is a deciding factor of a person’s spiritual health.
Material World-Oriented Influence:
Material World-Oriented influence refers to human connection with others and the nature that creates a sense of responsibility towards others and nature.
Benefits Of Being Spiritually Healthy
- Gives a sense of purpose: Spiritual health helps in developing a sense of purpose in life. One might not realize his full potential and don’t know what he is capable of. Spiritual health aids contemplation, and an individual can develop the right purpose in life.
- Prevents Isolation: a person who is spiritually healthy will not feel isolated. He will move well with everyone but will not expect anything. He will be able to handle his relationship with others better and won’t be emotionally drained because of relationship breakups.
- Reduces the Risk for Depression: Today’s lifestyle has become chaotic, and the risk of mental depression is increasing every day. Spiritual health plays a vital role in preventing depression. It enables a person to experience peace and calm and safeguards them against being depressed.
- Stress Management: The current busy lifestyle has increased the stress levels of individuals to a great extent. From children to elders, everybody is undergoing stress. If not dealt with properly, stress can prove to be a dangerous problem. Spiritual health helps in the efficient management of stress and ensures success.
- Boosts the Immune system: Research has proved that anxiety and fear will negatively impact your health condition and might cause ailments. Maintaining your spiritual health will boost your immune system and would make you less prone to diseases.
- Enhances Optimism: A normal person would oscillate between being pessimistic or optimistic. He might fear the future and might feel uncertain. Spiritual health would enhance the levels of optimism and will help a person to face any consequences boldly.
How Can You Improve Your Spiritual Health
If you wish to improve your spiritual health, please refer to the seven steps given below.
- Explore your spiritual core:Explore yourself and raise questions to yourself. Ask yourself, Who am I? What is my life’s purpose? What do I value most? Where am I going? These questions will initiate the thought process in you and help you to think more in-depth about yourself, and enable you to observe things about yourself.
- Search for deeper meanings:Look for deeper meanings in your life and analyze the occurring patterns. This will help you realize that you have control over your destiny. Becoming aware of this fact can help you achieve a happy and healthy life.
- Be Expressive:Expressing what is on your mind will help you to maintain a focused mind. Pen down your thoughts, and it will help you to think clearer and move forward.
- Practice yoga:Yoga is a powerful physical technique that helps to improve your spiritual wellness by reducing emotional and physical strains on your mind and body. Yoga helps in lowering stress, boosting immune system, and lowering blood pressure, and reducing anxiety and depression.
- Try Travelling:Travelling to your favorite destination or some new places would do wonders for your mind. When you are at a place where your mind can stay calm and keep out distractions, you will achieve a better connection with yourself.
- Think positively:When you develop an optimistic view towards life, you will find yourself thinking differently and refocusing your mind to be alert and creative. Eliminate negativity and try to re-frame how you think of certain things and situations, and you’ll see good progress in your spiritual health.
- Meditate regularly: Meditation is the art of connecting with yourself. Whether in the morning when you wake up or before you go to bed, allot five to 10 minutes to meditate each day. Including mediation and relaxation in your lifestyle will free your mind and foster a stronger relationship with your spiritual wellness.
Spiritual health is as important as physical health and mental health. Hope you had a clear understanding of spiritual wealth and the ways to improve it.« How To Save The Mind from Restlessness? Shreem Brzee Wealth Powertimes: April 2022 »