By now, you probably know that astrology is the science of time. When you select the best time to act, most of your work toward success is done—simple, but profound.
In fact, the entire Vedic calendar is based on the passage of the luminaries, Sun and Moon, and other planets. Even major festivals are based on the auspiciousness of planetary alignments. But did you know that August 29th brings two major astrological events that can turn your life around? So make sure to mark your calendar!
On this day, one of the most adored celestial beings, Ganesha, celebrates his birthday and it’s the most powerful time of the year for removing unforeseen obstacles from your life.
Remarkably, a 2012 survey by McKinsey & Company in conjunction with the University of Oxford showed that 75% of projects failed due to overestimation of key aspects of projected results. Another survey by Geneca talks about failure due to “Fuzzy business objectives.”
So do you know who can remove our fuzzy vision and take away some unimaginable difficulties ahead? Ganesha can do it all.
So here are some very simple steps to connect with Ganesha’s superpowers.
- Even if you don’t know who Ganesha is, just by saying his name [guh-ney-shuh] you will utter the sounds that can access his energy. Even if you do nothing else, just speak the name of Ganesha all day long.
- If you want to connect with the elephant-headed being at a deeper level, take a shower, offer orange-red flowers, a ghee lamp, some incense, a cup of water, some laddoos (in Indian grocery stores) or other sweets to an image or statue of Ganesha. Chant 108 or 27 times: OM GUM GANAPATAYE NAMAHA
Ask for the removal of seen, unseen, present, past and even future obstacles in your life. Thank Ganesha.
The other extraordinary event happening on August 29th is the transit of Mercury to Virgo—his sign of exaltation. This means that until September 20th, you will have huge support in writing, studying, health, business and research where even minute details matter.
In addition, Mercury’s exaltation makes a time when three planets—Jupiter, Saturn and Mercury—are super strong and working at their best to help you in your work, business, finances and spiritual pursuits.
Below find some guidelines to connect with Mercury at the time when his energy is even higher—in fact planets’ rays can benefit us the most when we become aware of their movements into another sign of the zodiac.
- After a shower, offer flowers, water, sweets or fruits to an image of Mercury. If you don’t own one, you can download it from AstroVed.com or visualize a being dressed in green robes.
- Sit comfortably and light a lamp and burn some incense. Chant 108 or 27 times: OM BUDHAYA NAMAHA
- Ask for what you would like in communication, health and business. Outrageous request are fine too. Thank Mercury.
Remember that your awareness is key for receiving benefits from the Universe, divine beings or your higher self.
Enjoy the energies!
by Lalitha Devi
« Sun Enters Leo 2014 Hindu Vedic Temple Can Change Your Life & Vedic Temple »