Do you ever wish you could exchange your current life with a more fulfilling, peaceful and happy one? If your answer is yes, then this is about you.
The reason is that on January 31 the world will witness the first total lunar eclipse of 2018.
In fact, the Moon will enter into the Earth’s shadow in the sidereal (or Vedic) sign of Cancer, the same sign governed by the Moon. So the impact of this eclipse can be a bit more intense than usual.
How does this eclipse relate to your life?
A lunar eclipse is connected with your relationships. According to Vedic astrology, unconditional love, caring, emotions, home, mother and your very sense of security will be significantly impacted.
If your Moon sign is Cancer, between January 26 and March 2 all the above themes will take center stage in your life. Cancer ascendants will need to care for their health and avoid colds. But for all, this eclipse could bring some changes.
In North America, the moon enters the Earth’s penumbra at 5:51 am EST at the start of the eclipse. It ends at 11: 08 am EST.
The lunar eclipse alignment begins at 4: 21 pm and ends at 9:40 pm.
So here for you: three powerful Vedic remedies to ensure that you’ll feel happy, healthy and protected throughout, and in the months to come. Your finances, too, will benefit.
1. Slow your decision making
According to Dr. Pillai, a scholar and spiritual master from the Tamil Siddha lineage, light can be equated to intelligence. So true, luminous intelligence includes mastering the intellect, love and compassion for others, and the evolution of your soul.
For thousands of years, the rishis or sages of India saw countless galaxies and celestial bodies, and said that nine planets in our solar system were responsible for human consciousness and life events—through the cycle of rebirth.
Vedic astrology or Jyotisha is called the science of light, so it shines light on planetary events and human life. Vedic astrology also predicts the exact occurrence of an event in your otherwise inscrutable future.
Eclipses block light or intelligence. How? Because the more light is in our mind and consciousness, the more intelligent we are.
An eclipse happens simultaneously on three levels: the physiological, the mental and the spiritual. So this temporary obscuration of the Sun and Moon is definitely not considered a fun show to watch—as many believe today.
When our minds are affected by a powerful lunar eclipse—decisions can become ineffective and perceptions confused. Anxiety is another possibility.
Plus, this lunar eclipse can bring surprises between January 26-March 2.
- To protect your relationships and finances, avoid life changing decisions in the three days prior to the eclipse, the actual eclipse time and two days after.
- Postpone large investments of money, marriages, inaugurations, a business launch or forming a new relationship.
2. Stop karmic difficulties
Events will accelerate and issues you ignored, hoping they’d simply go away, might come to forefront around the lunar eclipse.
- In the days leading to the eclipse, you can sponsor a fire ritual or Fire Lab to the Moon and Goddess Parvati. This is probably the most powerful remedy of all—as the Moon rules much of your happiness surrounding affections and emotions.
- If the events happening at this time are not satisfactory, you can recite 108 times the Moon mantra or special sounds—OM CHANDRAYA NAMAHA in the Moon hora (check the AstroVed Hora Watch app or download it on your smart phone).
- If your relationship is causing you worries, recite the sound KLEEM 108 times. Repeat as needed.
3. Embrace the light
- Mantras are protective devices for the mind. Reciting a mantra is particularly beneficial during a lunar eclipse—which is supposed to be caused by dark forces. Vedic astrology strongly recommends meditation during the eclipse. Recite the sound ARUL as much as possible to invoke the light of higher consciousness.
- If possible do not watch or spend time outdoors during the eclipse. The ancient seers warned us that radiations can be especially harmful to pregnant women and children.
Donatella Riback (Lalitha Devi) is an empowered Pillai Center Teacher and a certified Vedic astrologer at www.AstroVed.com
Keep up with the energies through Interactive Fire Labs from Pillai Center. Click the button below for details.
« Gum Ganesha – Break a Coconut Today! The Meaning of Pancha Bhoot Mala Beads on Dr. Pillai’s Birthday Trip »