What is Rudraksha?
Rudraksha is a seed accorded great importance in Hinduism. The Shaivism sect of Hinduism uses Rudraksha in the prayer beads and wears Rudraksha necklaces and bracelets.
Lord Shiva or Mahadev, one of the primary Gods of Hinduism, is very fond of Rudrakshas. He wears Rudraksha earrings, malas, bracelets, and rings.
Which Rudraksha Should You Wear? Ek Mukhi, Panchmukhi Rudrakshas & More
Depending on the stripes, Rudraksha is classified into different types. One to twenty-seven faces Rudraksha types exist, and each one comes with different uses and significance. The different types of Rudraksha and their qualities are listed below for your reference.
One Mukhi Rudraksha
Popularly known as Eka Mukhi Rudraksha, it represents Lord Shiva and is the most powerful. It brings peace, happiness, and salvation.
Two Mukhi Rudraksha
It is a symbol of Ardhnarishwara (the amalgam of Lord Shiva and Goddess Parvati). It represents the Moon and calms your mind.
Three Mukhi Rudraksha
It symbolizes Agni Deva and represents trinity Gods, i.e., Brahma, Vishnu, and Shiva. This Rudraksha relieves a person from the sins committed towards women.
Four Mukhi Rudraksha
It represents Lord Brahma and Goddess Saraswati. It improves the wisdom of a person.
Five Mukhi Rudraksha
It embodies Kalagni, a form of Lord Shiva, and symbolizes the five elements (panch tattva). This Mukhi relieves a person from sins related to adultery.
Six Mukhi Rudraksha
It represents Lord Muruga. It gives relief from sins like the killing of a Brahmin and blesses a childless couple with progeny.
Seven Mukhi Rudraksha
It embodies Saptamatrikas (the seven goddesses) and Saptrishis (the seven sages). Wearing this will bring you the blessings of Goddess Lakshmi and vanishes poverty.
Eight Mukhi Rudraksha
It signifies Lord Ganesha and eight Goddesses. It nullifies all the ill effects and leads a person towards salvation.
Nine Mukhi Rudraksha
It represents the nine forms of Goddess Durga, i.e., “Nava Shakti.” When a person wears it on the right arm, he is saved from the sins like abortion. It can alleviate the ill effects of Ketu.
Ten Mukhi Rudraksha
It signifies Lord Vishnu and is one of the powerful Rudrakshas. The person having it is relieved from all kinds of fears in life.
Eleven Mukhi Rudraksha
It represents the eleven forms of Rudra. The benefits obtained by performing thousands of Ashwamedha Yagya and Vajpeya Yagya are attained by wearing this Rudraksha.
Twelve Mukhi Rudraksha
It embodies Lord Vishnu and is also known as Aditya Rudraksha since it brings the blessings of twelve Aditya gods. It blesses with luster, radiance, and strength to the person wearing it.
Thirteen Mukhi Rudraksha
It signifies Lord Indra. A person wearing this Mukhi will receive all worldly pleasures and happiness.
Fourteen Mukhi Rudraksha
It represents Lord Hanuman. The person who wears this Rudraksha on the crest will attain the top post and glory.
Fifteen Mukhi Rudraksha
It represents Pashupathinath, a form of Shiva. It burns all the sins a person has committed in his present life.
Sixteen Mukhi Rudraksha
It is a combined form of Lord Vishnu and Lord Shiva and embodies victory. It gives relief from diseases and fears of life.
Seventeen Mukhi Rudraksha
It symbolizes Lord Krishna and Sita and also represents Lord Vishwakarma, the divine architect. The person holding this is blessed with ownership of land and will get a big fortune.
Eighteen Mukhi Rudraksha
It is a symbol of Lord Bhairava and Mother Earth. The person wearing this will be free from the fear of sudden death.
Nineteen Mukhi Rudraksha
It represents Lord Shiva and Goddess Parvati and will bring wealth and happiness to the person possessing it.
Twenty Mukhi Rudraksha
It represents Lord Janardhana. The person possessing this will be liberated from the fears of evil spirits, ghosts, occults, etc.
Twenty One Mukhi Rudraksha
Another important and rare Rudraksha signifies Lord Shiva and Lord Kuber, the God of wealth and prosperity. It is believed that all the gods and goddesses reside in it. The person having it will be relieved from the sins like killing of a priest.
Gauri Shankar Rudraksha
It is found in combined form and represents Lord Shiva and Goddess Parvati. It brings harmony and peace to one’s marital life.
It represents Lord Ganesha and helps a person to achieve the riddhi-siddhi powers. Ganesha Rudraksha is ideal for students and knowledge seekers.
It embodies Lord Brahma, Lord Vishnu, and Lord Shiva and brings their blessings upon the person wearing this.
Ek Mukhi Rudraksha
Eka Mukhi Rudraksha is the rarest and is believed as the most powerful Rudraksha amongst all Mukhis. It is known as the king of all Rudraksha Mukhis and signifies pure consciousness or Parameshvara (the ultimate form of Lord Shiva). The shape of this bead resembles the eye of Lord Shiva.
Panchmukhi Rudraksha Benefits
Panchmukhi Rudraksha is the most commonly available variety. The saints and priests widely use the Panchmukhi Rudraksha mala for chanting mantras.
- It blesses with mental and spiritual growth.
- Jupiter rules the Panchamukhi Rudraksha, and hence it brings his abundance grace.
- It is used in Vaastu sastras to control the malefic effects.
- This Rudraksha balances all the Kundalini chakra points.
Benefits Of Gauri Shankar Rudraksha
- This Mukhi brings harmony and peace to the family life of the possessor.
- The holder of this Mukhi is blessed with more wealth.
- Improves the decision-making skills
- It helps to develop self-confidence and wisdom
- Ideal for a blissful married life
- Relieves the wearer from pain, sufferings, and other obstacles
What are the Benefits of Wearing Rudraksha Beads?
Wearing Rudraksha beads has several benefits. The important benefits are given below for your reference.
- Wearing Rudraksha brings the grace of Lord Shiva upon you.
- It surrounds you with positive vibrations.
- Rudraksha will shield you from negative forces.
- It blesses a devotee with knowledge, power, progeny, marital bliss, and salvation.
- It removes fear, anxiety, and sins.
What Are The Guidelines For Rudraksha Mala?
Rudraksha is divine, and there are certain guidelines to be followed while wearing a Rudraksha Mala.
Dos and Don’ts of wearing any Rudraksha:
- Anyone, irrespective of their gender, cultural, ethnic, geographical, or religious background, can wear a Rudraksha.
- After you buy a Rudraksha bead, wash it with pure fresh water and then dip it in the cow’s milk for one full day before wearing it.
- Rudraksha is considered as Lord Shiva himself, hence worship it every day.
- Wear it only if you trust and believe in its powers.
- Do not use broken Rudrakshas.
- Don’t give your Rudraksha to anyone.
- If you wear Rudraksha mala, it is better to avoid chemical soaps while bathing.
- Avoid non-vegetarian food once you start wearing it.
- Drinking alcohol should be avoided if you wear Rudraksha.
- Remove it before going to attend a funeral service.
- Remove the Rudraksha mala before going to bed and place it in your pooja room and wear it the next day after having a bath.
How to Find A Genuine Rudraksha Mala?
With fakes making an entry everywhere, it is important to be careful enough to identify the genuine rudraksha mala. The following tips should come in handy for you.
- 1-Mukhi Rudraksha will never be round. If someone is trying you to sell around 1-Mukhi Rudraksha, it is fake for sure.
- Unscrupulous dealers use betel nuts, areca nuts, or berries instead of Rudrakshas. If you observe the lines on the nuts keenly, you can find the difference.
- Nowadays, one Mukhi half-moon (Kaju Dana) is sold as Nepali One Mukhi Rudraksha, and it does not have any healing effect.
- Whenever you purchase a Rudraksha, look for the number of seeds and compartments inside the bead. For example, a five Mukhi rudraksha will have five seeds and compartments, and its shape will be pentagonal.
- Rudrakshas shown to have carvings of Lingam, Om, Trishul, Snake are all fake; real Rudraksha will not have any of these carvings.
- Fake Rudraksha will be glued together to imitate rare Rudraksha varieties.
- Rudrakshas beads come from Nepal and Java, and the Nepal ones have extra demand in the market; using the demand, some dealers sell the Rudraksha beads from Java as the Nepal ones.
Rudraksha: A Shield Against Negative Energies
Protecting yourself against Negative energies is essential for your well-being. Rudraksha is full of divine vibrations and would effectively shield you against negative energies.
Wearing Rudraksha will offer protection against dark powers, black magic, and sorcery. It will help you develop a positive outlook on life. Lord Shiva’s grace will stay with you and will act as a protective shield 24/7.« Spiritual Meditation – What Is It And What Are Its Benefits? Panchmukhi Hanuman – Significance and Benefits of the Panchamukha Anjaneya »